Monday, June 04, 2007

Y'ALL READY FOR THIS?!


(image credit)

Kissy Sell Out - Get Ready For The K Hole!

You'll recognise the music instantly. Maybe you don't know how or why but you won't (read: shouldn't) care. And you might (but shouldn't) be put off - because it seems a bit, well, louty, doesn't it? But what's social class and every-day facades got to do with the enjoyment of music*? Nothing, really. Or they shouldn't, in any case. Music should transcend all social boundaries (real or self-imposed). So I offer you this, and I hope you smile and you enjoy it. It's euphoric, and it's ridiculous. It's dance music for the Mike Skinner generation - self-conscious, tongue-in-cheek, intelligent, fun-loving, socially-aware, silly. And maybe you're thinking that this description seems a bit flattering - (perhaps it is) - but if you have experienced, or seen others experience, even some of the events detailed in the lyrics, then this song will mean so much more to you. Quite simply put, it's hilarious.



Beyonce - Irreplaceable (Sta Remix) [Info]

Similarly, if you think you're too cool for pop music... trust me, you're not.

*Note: If it seems contradictory that I say social class should have nothing to do with the enjoyment of music, but then continue on to insist that 'Get Ready For The K Hole!' is more enjoyable if you understand the spot-on-ness of the lyrics - well, I'm sorry, but I'm sure you understand what I mean.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

yay, i love kissy sell out. thanks v much!

JJS III said...

I would never say I'm too cool for pop music. No one should when Sta's remix is this good.

jamila FUCKING DANCE said...

kissy sell out is brill, cheers!

Hélène Furbois said...

" GET READY FOR THIS ! "