Thursday, May 04, 2006

Of Montreal

Of Montreal may not actually be from Montreal [like a LOT of the other bands I like] but we won't hold that against them. Hailing from Athens, Georgia, they remind me a lot of Clap Your Hands Say yeah, wih similar style of vocals and with a laid back, floaty feel to their music. On the CYHSY note, I both missed them in Belfast earlier this year along with the Oxegen concert which I will be missing in the future, where is the *Justice? Of Montreal are another one of those bands in the Electric 6 Collective along with bands like Neutral Milk Hotel who were featured in an earlier post, there's plenty of other live mp3's and such in the Of Montreal mp3 section of the site.

Lysergic Bliss is one MP3 I highly recommend as I'm amazed every time 2:30 into the song with the accappella-esque vocal parts come in. Its unbelievable, and if you say it isn't, your wrong. Disconnect the Dots shows a more electonic side to the band, which differed to the more lo-fi stylings of earlier recordings. The Velvet Underground cover features on the tribute album "Rabid Chords". Other recommended songs are Rapture Rapes the Muses and My British Tour Diary off Satanic Panic in the Attic.

MP3's
Lysergic Bliss
Disconnect the Dots
She's my best friend [Velvet Underground Cover]

*Justice are an dance outfit from Paris in France, I LOVE them. And yes I missed them when they played here too, I miss **EVERYTHING!
**Yes EVERYTHING!

Something else to check out if you have time is the Les Angles Morts site. It's confusing as anything but if you look hard enough you can find some real good music, like this little song, clean up pulpit, a bit like Neutral Milk Hotel.

No comments: