Wednesday, February 15, 2006

No Lies, Just Love



Today was Valentine's day... and I didn't even make a post full of lovely little songs! Might I take this opportunity to once again blame the fact that I haven't got somewhere to store MP3's? As soon as I do have somewhere though [maybe 0moola; if it works], I reckon I might make a belated post on the matter. Not an extensive post, for sure, since Valentine's day doesn't mean that much to me, but I guess love is important, and hope is important, so maybe expect some Idlewild? Haha, definitely some Oh No! Oh My! Definitely... [actually, they'll probably be in the next post, since I just discovered their website and it has lots of free MP3's on it, which is a good thing!] And more than likely I'll post on Beat Radio soon, since I like them rather a lot. Anyways, I reckon that future post should be a nice one - today you've probably already got enough nice songs off all the other blogs out there.

Right now I'm listening to Taking Back Sunday - I recently found a CD I made ages ago [Stray Darts & Shattered Hearts], when I really liked my pop-punk - it also featured My Chemical Romance, the band of now [well, if now was like 3 months ago] which is impressive going since this CD was made about a year and a half ago. More over, it had Existentialism for Prom Night [by Straylight Run] on it, and everyone seems to love that song now. I'm so hip. Only joking, yea, I'm kinda embarassed by half the stuff on this CD since it's not "cool" and "trendy" and "inventive". Ah well. Still music at the end of the day, and we all have our phases, and the songs still hold up, so there.

I got a lovely jumper yesterday from my girlfriend. In return I gave her two CD's I made. It's 'cause I'm awfully poor y'see, and I love music, so it made sense. Ralph Waldo Emerson said, "thou must bleed for me", in one of his essay on the subject of gifts. Basically, he was talking about "the only true gift is a portion of thyself", and I agree, alot... so making a CD, or writing a poem, and writing a little piece of anything makes alot of sense for me as far as presents go. I'm very much a writer, a musician; these aspects of my life are extremely important. But anyway, enough rambling. Basically, right, I'm going to start posting the playlists to these CD's I make for people, and hopefully the MP3's... they'll go to a special part of the site so that you can always get to them handy. Much in the same way interviews will [if I ever get any]. And the other thing that will go to the "special part of the site" as it shall now be known [until I get bored with that name for it] is band profiles. Band profiles are cool in my opinion. Very cool. And another thing - I just decided what tomorrow's post will be on. The mixtape I made [oh how very High Fidelity] featured an interesting cover of Damien Rice's "Older Chests". Why was it interesting? Because it was made into a melody which segued into Bob Marley's "Redemption Songs". So, the cover was done by Benjamin Costello. He shares the same first name as me - pure sweet - so definitely going to do a post on him. Hope you enjoy it...

Closing Note: Check out Nick Hornby. He's an amazing author. And novel's are cool. His last one, A Long Way Down, was fantastic and well-worth a read. About 4 [at least I think it was 4] people who are going to commit suicide, and the reasons they don't. Brilliant stuff, which was described by Tom Perotta as "brave and absorbing", "funny and surprising". Ye-es!

Final closing note: I entered a competition on Drowned in Sound today. It involved using Wikipedia - first time I ever used it - and it seems like a very useful resource; a bit nerdy, but still handy. Well, I hope I win. It's pure late. Night. I'm off to sleep.

Drowned in Sound have a new Podcast up: download it here. It's ok/average/good/fantastic/amazing... You decide. One thing it is however: better than radio. [See the tracklisting for it here..]



Strays Darts & Shattered Hearts

Straylight Run -Existentialism on Prom Night
Underoath - When The Sun Sleeps
Senses Fail - Buried A Lie

Maybe love will find us again, there's always tomorrow...

*Note: Underoath lyrics, which are quite fitting for me saying I'll post on love sometime soon, but not today - not Valentine's day.

No comments: